2021: Our year in the spotlight
This year has without a doubt shone a light on just how valuable members of the Blue Light community are for keeping us all safe, healthy, and supported. The nation’s emergency services, NHS, social care sector and armed forces have each worked incredibly hard to help communities across the UK make it through an exceptionally difficult few years.
That is why the team at Blue Light Card have worked harder than ever to do our bit to thank them for all their efforts through the discounts we offer and the services we provide.
A lot can happen in a year:
- Over half a million new members signed up to Blue Light Card throughout 2021
- We relocated to a new state of the art 21,000 sq ft office in Cossington, Leicestershire to support business growth and increased staff numbers.
- 60 new members of staff recruited to the Blue Light Card team
- A new brand is launched for Blue Light Card with refreshed website and app
- We donated over £100,000 to national emergency services charities
- The first ever Blue Light Get Active Challenge fundraising initiative was launched
- Over 4,500 new retail offers including Wilko, Disney Travel Company, Sports Direct, Homebase, Bill’s and MADE.com
- Sold over 30,000 reduced priced tickets to our exclusive Services Days at Merlin attractions including Alton Towers Resort and Legoland Resort Windsor with all proceeds being donated to charity
- The first ever four-day Blue Flash Sale event ran in May 2021 with 25 exclusive discounts
- We launched Blue Light Card Voices, our new member research panel with 2,300 subscribed members
- We had our biggest ever Black Friday sale event with over 100 exclusive, enhanced discounts with members saving over £2 million
- We ran 70 exclusive member giveaways in 2021 - across our social media channels - supported by our partners from brands like Laithwaites, Merlin Attractions, Charlotte Tilbury, Ninja and more
- Our Blue Light Tickets service gave away a staggering 85,000 free event tickets to the Blue Light community
- 1,707 five star reviews on Trustpilot
- Received national recognition at The Marketing Society Awards, The Drum Awards for Marketing and the Data and Marketing Association Awards.
- Over 26,000 members entered a £1 million ticket giveaway for DFDS ferry services via Blue Light Tickets.
- We’ve donated and raised funds of over £40,000 for our chosen charity partner, Your Local Air Ambulance.
- Nominated for Large Business Partner of The Year at The Air Ambulance Service's Annual Showcase and Awards 2021.
- Shortlisted in the Best Business Response to Covid-19 category at the UK Business and Innovation Awards
Here for you, because you're here for all of us.