BLC Blog - Be more... Empowered
Feeling off? Weird funk you can’t shake? You’re not alone!
We jam pack our lives with so many activities and responsibilities, it’s no wonder that last month, 56% of respondents to our Blue Light card Survey on stress said they’d “Sometimes” felt ‘Burnt out’. 39% even said this was something they’d felt “Often” or “Always”.
It is true that making small changes can add up to something momentous, but it’s also important to do so in a way that allows us to embrace ourselves, feel more ‘in the moment’, and counter feelings of stress and isolation.
We all know that moving and exercising more contributes towards improving our physical health. A lesser known effect of being more active however, is the impact on our mental health. Hard though it might be to believe, regular exercise (whether in the gym or at home) is thought to help ground you in the moment and help melt away stress and negativity as well as the odd pound or two.
Fitness company, Les Mills, are even offering a 14-day free trial and an extra £1 off their discounted membership fee for all those who subscribe between 3rd March and 17th March! Click HERE to find out more!
But when embracing a more physical lifestyle, it’s also important to balance workouts with low impact recovery to ease those sore muscles. Whether it’s yoga, swimming or massage, there are plenty of ways you can loosen up for less with discounts from Spa Breaks.
We’re all connected, and embracing our community is one of the easiest ways to combat feelings of isolation and feel part of something bigger.
Impacting everything from concentration and memory to our mental and athletic ability and even our weight and immune system; we all know that a good night’s sleep is important for our health and wellbeing.
We’ve also likely all experienced the struggle of being unable to nod off at least once in our lives but – if you’re regularly struggling to count sheep (and it’s not medically related) – there are a few things that are recommended to help.
From essential oils and luxurious bath sets for top to toe relaxation, to settling in for the night with a good book and a snuggly Julian Charles duvet; there are plenty of ways you can try to tempt your brain into switching off for the night!
Some even go so far as to purchase a new mattress entirely, which you can do for even less with:
Give to a good cause
A great way we’ve found to help us feel good about ourselves is by supporting others within our community. Whether you give a few pounds to a cause you care about, donate old clothes to your local charity shop, or take time out of your busy schedule to volunteer helping others; giving back is a great way to feel you’re making a difference to those around you.
This year, we’ve partnered with your local Air Ambulance WNDLR to help them continue to deliver fast, lifesaving care to those who need it most. Reaching a medical emergency quickly can be the difference between the life and death of a patient in need and your local air ambulance (WNDLR)’s team of doctors, critical care paramedics and pilots work 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to give those in need the very best chance of survival and recovery.
In addition to running various events to raise money, we will be selling items to raise money and organising other fundraising activities. From a breath-taking sponsored skydive or heart-pumping fun run to donating the proceeds of a delicious bake sale, all fundraising efforts are appreciated - no matter how big or small. We hope you’ll join us in doing your bit so please visit our shop below. All profits will be donated.
Want it? Win it!
Whether it's your mum, dad, or guardian you're thinking of this Mother's Day, let them know you care by treating them to a beautiful bouquet of fresh spring flowers!
To win a Peaches and Cream Gift Box for your loved one (or a mum you know), and have your bouquet be delivered to their door just in time for Mother’s Day, enter our competition by telling us why they’re your “one in a million”! One lucky winner will even secure a Mother’s Day Pastels Hand-tied Bouquet and an additional £50 voucher for a delicious meal out at Prezzo!
Send your entry to: [email protected] with the Subject Line: “One in a Million” as well as the details below:
• Your Name
• The email you used to register for Blue Light Card
• The name of the person you’re nominating
• Your statement telling us why your loved one is ‘One in a Million’.
Terms and Conditions
• All entrants must be UK based.
• All entrants must be 18+.
• Only one entry per person will be counted.
• This Competition will run for the “Competition Period” which shall be from 12:00 on 6th March 2020 until 12:00 on 17th March 2020 (the “Closing Date”).
• There will be 1 Grand Prize winner who will win the “Prize/s” as set out below: 1 x £50 Prezzo voucher plus 1 x Mother’s Day Pastels Hand-tied Bouquet. There will also be 4 Runners Up who will win 1 x Peaches and Cream Gift Box each.
• By entering, each entrant confirms their right to share the postal address of their chosen recipient should they win a prize and consent for Blue Light Card Ltd to share this address with Interflora for the purposes of arranging delivery. After delivery has been arranged, any address provided will be deleted from our systems.
• The Winners (as defined below) will be chosen by means of randomised selection from all of the valid Entries received before the Closing Date.
• Winners will be contacted by email to confirm the address to which they would like their prize/s sent. If having made those efforts it is not possible to contact a Winner, Blue Light Card reserves the right to offer that Winner’s Prize to the next valid Entrant selected by means of randomised electronic selection.
• Any re-selection will be undertaken if the winning entrant does not respond within 48 hours from the original date and time of the first attempt to contact. The Prizes will be posted to the Winners’ postal addresses provided following successful notification of the Prizes.
• The Prizes are non-transferable, and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. If a Prize is no longer available due to circumstances beyond Blue Light Card's control, a prize of equal or greater value will be provided. The Prizes can only be redeemed by the named Winners. Prizes must not be sold on.